MANAGEMENT CONTROL AREA
In the Management Control area, we mainly deal with those needs linked to the improvement and optimization of the Planning and Control process, with the aim of a consequent improvement in internal efficiency (operating costs, dedicated time, resources used) and effectiveness (strategic plans capable of integrating management and risk data).
Processes involving the processing of information from different data sources, analysis and sharing of all the Bank's numbers, from the Final Balance to the Budget, for each single branch up to the single account report per customer.
Among the activities we offer:
- Development of integrated platforms between headquarters and branches of Business Intelligence and Corporate Performance Management;
- Development of databases by sector for integrating banking information sources;
- Development of key performance indicators (KPI) systems to track and monitor strategic information;
- Identification of all cost sources and study of simulation and forecasting models;
- Introduction of HR Intelligence systems through the development of application models according to information needs (Budget and Forecast, scenario creation, optimization of resource planning).
Credit and Risk Management & Compliance and Legal Area
Credit and Risk Management Area
In the areas of risk management and credit management we propose a pragmatic and multidisciplinary approach, having gained extensive experience on the application of quantitative models and on the limits of a mechanical and dogmatic approach. We are aware of the need to integrate the relational view with a more robust management of the data available to create information useful for the decision, to make the management processes of the financial institution more robust and resilient.
Compliance & Legal Area
In compliance and legal consulting, we mainly refer to banks and financial intermediaries, in matters of banking law and financial markets. In compliance, it ranges from support to the strategic management of decision-making processes, to the assessment and management of internal regulations, to the identification and remodeling of flow processes and supporting IT procedures. In the legal area the consulting includes: pre-contractual, contractual and support in the litigation. The focus is on systematic personalization of the intervention on the needs of the client, to guarantee the management of the risk in concrete terms.
BI & CPM
Development of supporting information systems
Thanks to some important collaborations with leading Credit Institutions (Santander, Gruppo Banco Popolare, Credito Romagnolo, Extrabanca, Banca d'Alba, Banca AGCI, Cassa di Risparmio di Saluzzo, etc.), Bios has created a Corporate Performance Management vertical on the BOARD platform specific for the banking sector, which allows to process all the information for the purposes of the strategic / operational plan, monitor the achievement of the budgets and define the corrective actions. In addition, Bios, using tools such as Board, Qlik View, Microsoft develops decision-making dashboards and operational reporting (Integrated Monitoring in the management of credit and Risk management processes, eg: portfolio monitoring for days of delay and trend rating classes, capital requirements) and commercial (area, branch, manager, technical form) able to support administrative department and management in the decision-making process.
Bios intervention opportunities
- Data/data warehouse area: organization and historicization of company data to make them usable in the processes of reporting/analysis, forecasting and decision making.
- Reporting area: possibility to implement in Board/Qlikview the composition of standard reports, on demand (dynamic), with distribution on different devices. The business areas involved are management control, operations and optimization processes of economic management, in correlation with the optimization of internal resources.
- Analytical collection area: development of modeling and forecasting solutions (expected recoveries, management of contacts and profiling of customers to be managed, optimization of the intervention phases according to the absorption of resources and of the commission conditions of the mandator), management of prospective profitability according to the remuneration and incentive parameters, simulation models and what-if analysis.
Bios Management offers customized training/seminar courses - in content and towards individual subjects involved - always set up on the needs of individual Institutes and related to all the issues subject to consultation, in particular the topics treated:
- Circular 285: logics and impacts in concrete
- I and II level Controls and credit process
- Econometrics and statistics issues applied to credit companies
- Development of scoring models: methodology and practical cases
- Training and development of skills in analytical and credit cycle management areas
- Review and optimization of operating processes based on objectives and economic constraints: balancing of used resources according to the remuneration schemes of the mandators and the objectives of recovered
- Design of machining strategies with the implementation of segmentations based on statistical performance models - see analytics area
LEGAL RISK MANAGEMENT & COMPLIANCE
- Adjustment of privacy risk in debt collection activities
- Position of the guarantor in privacy
- Contractual regulatory requirements in the outsourcing of control systems by banks
- Design and implementation of tools for monitoring operational performance
- Design and implementation of cost/revenue mix control tools and profitability for cost and revenue centers and corporate profitability targets
- Organization and historicization of company data to make them suitable for monitoring and forecasting processes
- Review and implementation of monitoring and control systems based on multi-channel dynamic technologies
- Development of modeling and forecasting solutions (expected recoveries, management of contacts and profiling of customers to be managed, optimization of processing phases) management of prospective profitability according to the parameters of remuneration and incentives
- Simulation models and what-if analysis (sensitivity)
- Pricing models and expected recovery curves for NPL